Welcome to our parish!
St. Francis in Neligh, Saturday, 5 p.m. & Sunday, 10 a.m. | Our Lady of Mount Carmel in Tilden, Saturday, 7 p.m. & Sunday, 8 a.m.
St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church, Neligh, NE
In April 1900, two lots were purchased to build a church in Neligh. The location was located southwest of the current high school. The Neligh parish was a mission of St. Theresa's in Clearwater. Priests serving Neligh residents were Fr. Kaufmann, Fr. Felix Gebauer, Fr. John Vogel, Fr. Edward Appelbaum, Fr. Raymond Auer, Fr. Roger Hayes, Fr. Francis Renner, Fr. Paul Dicky and Fr. Charles Brodersen. During Fr. Brodersen's pastorate, a new church was built in northwest Neligh along Highway 275. The church was dedicated on December 15, 1963. Priests serving in the current church have been: Fr. Michael Kelly, Fr. Ralph Steffensmeier, Fr. Clifford Stevens, Fr. Robert Eimers, Fr. Harold Buse, Fr. Frank Baumert, Fr. Craig Loecker, Fr. Steve Emanuel, Fr. Mark McKercher, Fr. John Broheimer, Fr. Christopher Onuoha and the current pastor, Fr. Pat Nields